We are looking for Contracted Outdoor Activity Instructors
The Anderton Centre are currently looking for Outdoor Activity Instructors to join our existing team, and assist with activities and outdoor education at the centre. You will be responsible to the Chief Instructor, and have a strong focus on customer care, health and safety at all times.
The successful candidate will have at least one NGB coaching qualification from the following:
- MTA Hill and Moorland (or above)
- Single Pitch or Climbing Wall Award
- BCU / UKCC Paddle Sports Coach Level 1 (or above)
- RYA Dinghy Instructor or Powerboat Instructor (or above)
Some of the duties include:
- Coaching and supervising client’s participation in activities
- Act as a lead instructor and co-ordinate freelance instructors where necessary
- Deliver high quality outdoor education sessions with set outcomes and objectives
- Equipment preparation, including dismantling and setting up all appropriate equipment, as well as maintenance
- Assist with the appropriate administration involved in delivering the programme of activities
- Understand and carry out safety and emergency procedures including administering first aid if necessary
- To work to the standards of the Centre\s Standard Operating Procedures and ensure all safety measures are followed and implemented
- Play a key role in developing and maintaining high standards of customer service and the collection of customer feedback
The Anderton Centre is currently recruiting four positions for an Outdoor Activity Instructor: two contracts lasting 12 months, and two lasting 6 months (April – September).
If you’re interested in applying for the Outdoor Activity Instructor role, then please contact Mark Collinson on 01257 484 220 for a chat, OR alternatively, send your CV and covering letter to the Centre Manager, David Germain, via email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a cook to join our team.
The role will be 30 hours per week with additional overtime in busy periods, 5 days over 7, including some weekends, and occasional split shifts.
The successful candidate will need to hold a valid Food Hygiene Certificate and be passionate about the role.
The duties will include:
- food preparation and cooking for education visitors and corporate clients.
- help with input of new menus
- daily and weekly ordering of stock
- general cleaning of the kitchen and food service area
- monitoring stock take and stock rotation
- control of all food that leaves the kitchen
- working closely with the line manager on all food related issues
- to maintain a professional appearance while at work
- exceptionally good housekeeping
- to undertake any other duty deemed reasonable as required by your manager.
The role pays £8-9 per hour, depending on experience.
To find out more about the role, contact Kirsty Todd on 01257 484220.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining suitability for the role to David Germain, Centre Manager, on email@example.com
We are looking for a book keeper to join our team
We are looking to recruit a part time book keeper / finance officer.
The successful candidate should hold or be working towards an accounting technician qualification and will be responsible to the Centre Manager.
The hours of duty are 21 hours per week, flexible by joint arrangement, in the first instance 3 days a week.
The role will be to work with the existing team and ensure we have accurate and timely financial information, including management accounts, budgets, financial plaining and auditing.
The duties include:
- managing all accounting operations including billing, accounts received, accounts payable, Xero.
- prepare the budget and forecasts and report vacancies
- conduct month end, and year end close process
- prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns
- assist external accounts with the preparation and submission of year end accounts
- balancing account’s
- processing sales invoices, receipts and payments
- checking company bank statements
- cash flow statements
- supporting the development of a junior finance assistant
- dealing with financial paperwork and filing.
The salary is Ca. £21,000 pro rata.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact David Germain 01257 484220
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining suitability for the role to David to firstname.lastname@example.org