The Anderton Centre is proud to announce it is starting a brand new residential holiday club aimed at children aged 10- 14 years old called Camp Anderton.
This is a residential programme of 4 days and 3 nights or 5 days and 4 nights.
The dates for the Easter period are as follows:
- 7th – 10th April
- 26th – 29th April
- Summer holiday dates to be confirmed
Camp Anderton will be “all inclusive” with all food and refreshments provided throughout the day and evenings over the course of the 4 or 5 days and will have its very own qualified instructors.
The team will deliver a range of exciting outdoor activity sessions exploring the water on a canoe, kayak, stand-up paddle board, sailing as well as exploring many land activities such as leap of faith, crate stack, tree climb, bush craft and archery.
During the course of the day the children will complete numerous tasks and challenges and in the evening they will take part in the ‘Anderton Monopoly’ where they will be presented with prizes for their hard work and taking part in new activities.
A brief overview of the days is as follows:
- Day 1 – This will include getting to know one another plus a mixture of games, land activities, checking-in, an evening session and chill-out time.
- Day 2 – We will be heading down to our reservoir and having a full day in canoes and kayaks, plus an evening session with some chill-out time.
- Day 3 – Using our trees and friends at Bolton University we will be limbing a mixture of trees, crates and 30 meter walls with again an evening session with time to chill out and call family.
- Day 4 – This will be our sailing day, the children will be learning how to sail in our sailing boats for the whole day and in the evening there will be a disco party and talent show. Things will also need to be packed ready to leave on Friday afternoon.
- Day 5 – Land activities in the morning, including jumping out of trees and ending with everyone’s favourite in the afternoon, stand up paddle boarding! There will then be a full pack up in time to go home!
For more information or to book on please call 01257 484220.
Here are some quotes from children/parents/guardians who have been to recent holiday clubs:
- “Seth completely enjoyed his day at the Centre. He informed me that both his instructors were excellent and ensured he was safe, comfortable and happy with what he was asked to do. The instructors were both thorough and efficient in training Seth how to abseil, ride a mountain bike, canoe and kayak. I am delighted that Seth got so much out of the day and was ‘buzzing’ when I collected him.”
- “Great value, excellent facilities and set up with range of activities that we’d love to try in the future, friendly staff too.”
- Garry said, “It was fun, we got to play games, experience new activities and make memories.”