We are looking to recruit a part-time Night Caretaker to join the team at the Anderton Centre. We are busier than ever in delivering High-Quality Outdoor Education Experiences.
The Anderton Centre is Lancashire Outdoor Activities Initiative’s (LOAI) residential outdoor activity and conferencing facility. The Centre is situated on the shores of the beautiful Rivington Reservoir in the heart of the West Pennine Moors.
The Centre is a short drive from motorway networks, so serves many regions of the North West and boasts superb water facilities and a rural setting ideal for a wide range of land activities. The organisation continues to develop and expand its offer. This includes delivering across multiple sites, plus significant investment in equipment and facilities to rival National providers.
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to play an active role in the future success of the organisation, and in return, we offer a fantastic setting, family-like team, employee benefits, and great opportunities for continued professional development.
To ensure that all guests receive a warm, memorable and personalised welcome to the Anderton Centre, Setting the scene for their stay and ensure that guest needs are anticipated and that any requests are actioned.
Complete tasks accurately and within given deadlines. Be responsible for the security of the Centre and its guests overnight, and deal with any incidents.
Night Porter: Duties include –
• security of building & guests
• setting up conferencing
• Cleaning all public areas.
• Taking telephone calls
Must be customer service focused We are looking for someone who is able to work from 18:00 until 07:00am approx. Your duties will include keeping the outside and public areas of the Centre clean and tidy as well as preparing for the following day’s events. This will include setting tables, tidying and general maintenance as well as any guests needs throughout the night.
• Build relationships with guests, ensuring that they want to return to the Anderton Centre.
• Ensure good communication with all departments including catering, activities and bookings.
• Handle, follow up and communicate any comments or complaints. Pass on to relevant Managers if unable to handle.
• Ensure that all tasks are completed on each shift that a full and thorough handover takes place at the end of the shift.
• Ensure you have a well-founded understanding of all Health & Safety regulations.
• Perform any related security duties as required overnight. • Complete all incident reports and distribute to relevant departments. • Record any unusual occurrences or problems arising to the Duty Manager and take appropriate action.
• As a team, ensure that guest areas and offices are clean and tidy at all times.
• As required help serve guests in the dinning room.
• Report any faulty equipment to the relevant persons.
• Report for duty punctually in the correct uniform, paying attention to personal hygiene and tidiness.
• Help to maintain a good working environment within the department and good working relationships with all other departments at the Centre.
• Give assistance to other departments as and when necessary.
• Carry out any other reasonable requests made by the Duty managers.
• Accept reasonable changes or additions in work hours, which are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to Anderton Guests.
• Attend meetings and training sessions as and when required.
• Report all potential and real hazards immediately.
• Be fully conversant with all departmental Fire, Emergency and Bomb procedures.
• Attend all fire, health and safety training
• Ensure the safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by fairly applying Centre Regulations, by strict adherence to existing laws, statutes and applicable ordinances, and reporting any possible hazards and conditions to the Manager.
• Have a general awareness of Health and Safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the department. • Re-use and recycle where possible
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Please contact the Centre for an informal chat about the opportunity.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: Salary £18,000 – £19,484 (Subject to April 2022 pay review) pro rata